Name: Luka Kovacevic, MS (Faculty of Sport and Physical Education – Belgrade)
Date of birth: March 05, 1986
Hometown: Belgrade (Serbia), currently based in Madrid (Spain)
Phone number: +34 623 236 202
Webpage: www.microtraining.co; www.prehabfocus.com (collaborative online assessment & treatment)
I am a rehab specialist and movement coach based in Madrid, Spain. I would describe myself as constantly smiling and positive – highly dedicated, responsible and diligent person with high education and the real “on field” knowledge and experience. I am the “real fanatic” when it comes to rehabilitation and movement (highly motivated to work with basically anyone who wants health at the first place – because I LOVE helping people to reach their pain-free, and movement goals).
Particular areas of interest are: Finding and removing weak links in human body; Biomechanical principles related to injury prevention/reduction, rehabilitation, exercise execution technique and economy of human movement (functional anatomy and human biomechanics in general).
In my leisure time, I like reading professional books and articles (I have read thousands by the most eminent coaches and therapists all around the World). I also like reading sport psychology, physical therapy and nutrition books, as well as educating younger colleagues.
I passed 60 exams during my academic education (after high school)
- 2011 – 2013 – Master studies (section: sport and physical education) at University of Belgrade, Faculty of sport and physical education – Master degree. Average grade and overall success: 8.56 (eight and 56/100) – VERY GOOD. Title of Master’s thesis: “The influence of Volleyball techniques training on the change of general and specific motor abilities of girls, the school of Volleyball trainees”;
- 2010 – 2011 – I passed 17 additional exams for physical education section, in order to be eligible to apply for master studies (Theory and Methodology of Basketball, T&M of Football – Soccer, T&M of Swimming and Water Polo, T&M of Martial Arts – Karate, Boxing, Wrestling and Judo, T&M of Dance, T&M of Handball, T&M of Track and Field, T&M of Sports Gymnastics 1, T&M of Sports Gymnastics 2, T&M of Rowing, Correction of Postural Deformities, T&M of Physical Education 1, T&M of Physical Education 2, Outdoor Activities, T&M of Skiing, T&M of Rhythmic Gymnastics, Elementary Games);
- 2005 – 2010 – University of Belgrade, Faculty of sport and physical education (section: sport) – University degree. Average grade and overall success: 8.67 (eight and 67/100) – EXCELLENT. Title of graduate thesis: “Preparatory period of senior men’s Volleyball team “Obilić” Belgrade”. Besides that, I attended a lot of both strength & conditioning and volleyball seminars;
- 2001 – 2005 – High school for tourism, Belgrade, Serbia;
- 1993 – 2001 – Primary school “Ratko Mitrović”, Belgrade, Serbia.
- June 2020: Online consulting, training and education at microtraining.co & prehabfocus.com;
- January 2019 – June 2020, I worked with the Team China (“A” National Short track speed skating team) as a Performance coach (preparations for “Beijing 2022” Olympics);
- May 2017 – April 2018: I worked as a personal trainer at “Underground Fitness” (Phoenix, AZ);
- December 2016 – May 2017: I worked as a personal trainer at “EoS Fitness” (Phoenix, AZ);
- November 2016 – January 2019: I worked as a personal physical preparation coach of youth football/soccer players (Phoenix, AZ);
- In January 2016 during offseason: I physically prepared the two youth soccer players for the second half-season;
- July 2015: I worked with Myanmar Football Federation and Myanmar senior National Football (Soccer) Team as a head strength and conditioning coach for almost four months. I was preparing Myanmar National team for matches against the best Asian National football (soccer) teams;
- May 2015: I worked as a coach of recreational Track and field club “Running” from Belgrade, with the aim of preparing for international half marathons;
- July 2014: During preseason period, I was engaged as a strength and conditioning coach of 3 youth selections of Handball club “S.K.B.G” from Belgrade, Serbia;
- March 2014: I was hired at the fitness center “Top Gym” where I worked as a personal trainer with all kinds/types of clients, including kids and athletes of all ages and success levels (I also performed professional training with new trainers). “Top Gym” is the best fitness center in Serbia – I gained a huge knowledge over there from the best strength and conditioning coaches in the country and beyond;
- 2013 – 2014: I performed three-months professional practice (internship) with coaches of all younger selections, as well as with the head strength and conditioning senior team coach in Football (Soccer) club “Partizan” from Belgrade. “Partizan” is the best football (soccer) club in Serbia – I was learning from the best coaches in the country;
- 2011 – 2013: I worked as a personal fitness trainer and children’s swim instructor from time to time;
- 2000 – 2011: I practiced volleyball – one season at the Serbian highest level – the first professional league, where I played against National team level players (Serbian National volleyball team is among 5 World’s best). I was well-known as a player with the highest vertical jump in the league, and one of the best players in my team with over 150 matches played at senior level.
- STSS American Cup – Madison 2019 (6 gold medals);
- XXIX Winter Universiade – Krasnoyarsk 2019 (1 gold medal);
- ISU World junior short track speed skating championship – Montreal 2019 (1 gold medal);
- Numerous gold medals with speed skating from China & World cups.
OTHER PROFESSIONAL SKILLS:
Former CSCS certificate holder (glad that I got rid of it because it sucks)
U.S. Soccer “F” license holder
UEFA “C” license holder
Basic massage skills (Serbian certificate)
First aid, CPR/AED – American Heart Association
Knowledge of Microsoft Office
PS: Basically, all the aforementioned certs suck, I just needed to fill the space somehow… And, yes, the University I finished sucks as well, but that’s another topic – the topic I would call “PATIENCE”…
Languages: Serbian (native), Spanish (basic) and English (full professional proficiency)