Name: Luka Kovacevic, MS, CSCS (Faculty of Sport and Physical Education – Belgrade, NSCA)
Date of birth: March 05, 1986
Address: 16220 N 7th St, Phoenix, AZ 85022
Phone number: +1 (515) 525-3061
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
I am a physical preparation coach based in Phoenix, AZ. I would describe myself like a permanent smiley and positive – highly dedicated, responsible and diligent person with high education and the real “on field” knowledge and experience. I really pay attention on technical details when it comes to drills, which is the main difference between the best and average coaches. I am the “real fanatic” when it comes to sports training (highly motivated to work with athletes and all types of clients in general – because I LOVE helping people to reach their goals).
Particular areas of interest are: Working on physical preparation of children and young athletes; working on elimination of postural deformities, as well as finding and removing the all weak links in the human body; biomechanical principles relating to the prevention/reduction of injuries, rehabilitation, exercise execution technique and economy of human movement (functional anatomy and human biomechanics in general), etc.
In leisure time, I like to read professional books and articles (I have read thousands from the most eminent USA and European strength and conditioning coaches). I also like to read sport psychology and nutrition books.
I passed 60 exams during my academic education (after high school)
- 2011 – 2013 – Master studies (section: sport and physical education) at University of Belgrade, Faculty of sport and physical education – Master degree. Average grade and overall success: 8.56 (eight and 56/100) – VERY GOOD. Title of Master’s thesis: “The influence of Volleyball techniques training on the change of general and specific motor abilities of girls, the school of Volleyball trainees”;
- 2010 – 2011 – I passed 17 additional exams for physical education section, to be eligible to apply for the master studies (Theory and Methodology of Basketball, T&M of Football – Soccer, T&M of Swimming and Water Polo, T&M of Martial Arts – Karate, Boxing, Wrestling and Judo, T&M of Dance, T&M of Handball, T&M of Track and Field, T&M of Sports Gymnastics 1, T&M of Sports Gymnastics 2, T&M of Rowing, Correction of Postural Deformities, T&M of Physical Education 1, T&M of Physical Education 2, Outdoor Activities, T&M of Skiing, T&M of Rhythmic Gymnastics, Elementary Games);
- 2005 – 2010 – University of Belgrade, Faculty of sport and physical education (section: sport) – University degree. Average grade and overall success: 8.67 (eight and 67/100) – EXCELLENT. Title of graduate thesis: “Preparatory period of senior men’s Volleyball team “Obilić” Belgrade”. Beside that, I attended a lot of both strength & conditioning and volleyball seminars;
- 2001 – 2005 – High school for tourism, Belgrade, Serbia;
- 1993 – 2001 – Primary school “Ratko Mitrović”, Belgrade, Serbia.
- January 2019, I started working with the Team China as a Performance coach (“Beijing 2022” project);
- May 2017 – April 2018: I have been employed as a personal trainer at “Underground Fitness” (Phoenix, AZ);
- December 2016 – May 2017: I have been employed as a personal trainer at “EoS Fitness” (Phoenix, AZ);
- Since November 2016: I have been working as a personal physical preparation coach of youth football/soccer players (Phoenix, AZ);
- In January 2016 during offseason: I was physically preparing two youth soccer players for the second half-season;
- July 2015: I worked with Myanmar Football Federation and Myanmar senior National Football (Soccer) Team as a head strength and conditioning coach for almost four months. That was my “best” experience because I was lucky to prepare Myanmar National team for matches against the best Asian National football (soccer) teams;
- May 2015: I worked as a coach of recreational Track and field club “Running” from Belgrade, with the aim of preparing for international half marathons;
- July 2014: During preseason period, I was engaged as a strength and conditioning coach of 3 youth selections of Handball club “S.K.B.G” from Belgrade, Serbia;
- March 2014: I have been employed at fitness center “Top Gym” where I worked as a personal trainer with all kinds/types of clients, including kids and athletes of all ages and success levels (also I performed professional training with new trainers). “Top Gym” is the most perspective fitness center in Serbia – I gained a huge knowledge there from the best strength and conditioning coaches in the country;
- 2013 – 2014: I performed three-months professional practice (internship) with coaches of all younger selections, as well as with the strength and conditioning senior team coach in Football (Soccer) club “Partizan” from Belgrade. “Partizan” is the best football (soccer) club in Serbia – I was learning from the best coaches in the country;
- 2011 – 2013: I worked as a personal fitness trainer and children’s swim instructor, from time to time;
- 2000 – 2011: I practiced volleyball – one season at the Serbian highest level (professional) league, where I played against National team level players (Serbian National volleyball team is among 5 world’s best). I was well known like a player with the highest vertical jump in the league, and one of the best players in my team with over 150 matches played at senior level.
- STSS American Cup – Madison 2019 (6 gold medals);
- XXIX Winter Universiade – Krasnoyarsk 2019 (1 gold medal);
- ISU World junior short track speed skating championship – Montreal 2019 (1 gold medal).
OTHER PROFESSIONAL SKILLS:
U.S. Soccer “F” license holder
UEFA “C” license holder
Basic massage skills (Serbian certificate)
First aid, CPR/AED – American Heart Association
Knowledge of Microsoft Office
Languages: Serbian (native), German (basic) and English (full professional proficiency)